The Irving Chamber of Commerce was established in May 1932 when the population of the City was less than 800 citizens. It is now more than 235,000. The goal of the Chamber has always been to further the economic development of the City. The Chamber works with the local government and school district to enhance the quality of life and business environment of the City.
The original membership consisted of thirty-five Irving businessmen. The members agreed, according to the Irving Herald, that "the association is to function purely as a businessmen's body for Irving and is in no way to conflict with the workings of the community's larger civic groups…"
The Irving Chamber of Commerce received its national accreditation in 1964 and celebrated its golden anniversary in 1982.
Through the years, the Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce has grown substantially and is now comprised of several divisions which address specific areas of civic and business concerns such as public relations, business development, transportation, education, and health care.
Sources: Irving Chamber of Commerce Scrapbooks, City of Irving Archives.