The Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce, on behalf of our 2,000 member-investors, is a robust and effective advocate for business industry.
Public policy directly impacts business and its ability to operate. From funding of workforce development programs, supporting our students and teachers, providing access to quality healthcare, to funding critical infrastructure, legislation is integral to keeping our state and our region economically competitive.
The Irving-Las Colinas Chamber uses an integrated approach to develop our policy positions and collaborate with various stakeholders and organizations to effectively advocate for these key business initiatives.
The Chamber’s 87th Texas Legislative Priorities are focused on maintaining a welcoming and favorable business environment and developing a qualified workforce resulting in sustainable economic growth and enhancing our quality of life.
- Maintain current funding level for the Texas Enterprise Fund
- Enhance and extend Chapter 313 of the Texas Economic Development Act
- Oppose discriminatory legislation and support legislation that promotes social equity and inclusion
EDUCATION AND WORKFORCE
- Protect and fully fund the comprehensive school finance bill (HB 3).
- Increase funding for the Skills Development Program and maintain Skills Development Fund Grants to improve workforce training.
- Support legislation to improve broadband access for all Texans.
- Support access to healthcare for all and increased coverage for the under and uninsured
- Support increased access and tools to population health management and behavioral health.
- Improve postsecondary educational attainment through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s 60X30TX Plan.
- Support and fund the Texas Equalization Grant Program.
- Support local transportation funding options including toll roads, managed lanes and public-private partnerships.
- Protect and fully-fund Proposition 1 and Proposition 7.
- Support the Texas High Speed Rail.
- Support the implementation of water management strategies included in the Texas State Water Plan.
- Protect eminent domain authority for water providers.