ONE IRVING – MAKING THE GRADE is dedicated to improving the local Irving schools and to educating the future workforce of Irving.
The three-step plan is to:
- EDUCATE: Increase the number of college-bound and post-secondary education students through Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and Advance Via Individual Determination (AVID) programs.
- MOTIVATE: Introduce students to career opportunities that link the need for academic excellence through mentoring programs.
- CELEBRATE: Highlight Irving’s assets and academic achievements through the One Irving High School Student-Athlete of the Month Award and an image campaign.
- Graduation Rates have increased year after year (93.1% of Students Graduated, that’s a 6.5% increase)
- Irving ISD named 2015 National AP District of the Year
- Growing Mentoring Programs from 900 mentors to 2,350 in just two years
- All Irving ISD Schools achieved the highest accountability rating of Met Standard
While “One Irving – Making the Grade” has had tremendous success in fundraising, we are still looking to close that final gap. Get Involved and donate today!
Want to learn more? Check out our Report Card, we’ve been getting good grades!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-217-8484
ONE IRVING STUDENT – ATHLETE OF THE MONTH
Campus: Nimitz High School
Grade: 12th Grade
Sport: Cross Country
Academic Class Rank: 3rd out of 556 Students
Academic and Athletic Achievements: AP Scholar, Varsity Cross Country all 4 years
School Involvement: Track, Student Council, Class Historian, Varsity Orchestra, Vita Program and the Math Club