Anyone looking for a great place to live, work, play and raise a family will find what they are looking for in Irving, Texas! With a diverse population of more than 216,000 residents, Irving is an international city strategically located in the center of the Dallas – Fort Worth metroplex, and it provides an outstanding quality of life.
Receiving national recognition, Irving was recently ranked number three for tech startups per capita in the United States by American Express through research conducted by SizeUp.com. In addition, the City of Irving is the first city in Texas and the second in the nation to earn the Malcom Baldrige Quality Award.
“Irving is a richly diverse city that offers global access, a thriving business community, world-class entertainment and various cultural events. You will not find a more exciting and vibrant place to live or do business than right here in the heart of the Metroplex.” – Mayor Beth Van Duyne
“The Chamber works with thousands of professionals in North Texas to create and promote an environment for business opportunities that advance growth for our members and the community. Please join us in that effort and if there is anything the Chamber can do for you or your businesses, please let us know.” – Chairman Michael Gonzales
An Eye Opening Experience
Irving continues to boast an impressive list of accomplishments through the Irving Economic Development Partnership (IEDP.) The partnership consists of a group of public and private investors, overseen by the Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber, and they work to advance, create and promote economic development in Irving.
In total, economic development in Irving is expected to increase dramatically with the addition of nearly $6 billion in new and planned investments: 5.9 million square-feet of commercial and residential space, 12,000 residential units, 1,000 hotel rooms, 30,000 new residents, 15,000 new jobs and 8 million annual visitors.
On top of a number of economic development wins, the IEDP was instrumental in facilitating several relocations, including the consolidation of multiple branches into one headquarters here in Irving.
Recent Economic Development Highlights
- US Oncology – Texas Oncology, supported by McKesson Specialty Health, and Baylor Health Enterprises, an affiliate of Baylor Health Care System, will begin construction at 1501 W. Royal Lane in Irving of a 50,000 square-foot, $105 million proton therapy facility in 2013. It is anticipated that the first patients will begin treatment in late 2015. The facility will employ about 50 health care professionals
- Irving-based VHA Inc., a national health care network, took a minimum of 292,000 square-feet of office space at 250/290 E. John Carpenter Freeway.
- Irving-based CHRISTUS Health leased 223,000 square-feet in the One MacArthur Ridge office building on Hidden Ridge Drive south of State Highway 114. The Las Colinas building will consolidate about 1,000 workers now located in Irving, San Antonio and Houston in Irving.
- State Farm is expanding operations into a 400,000 square-foot space in Irving at 3950–4000 Regent Boulevard, opening its new National Catastrophic Center to support victims of hurricanes and natural disasters. It is estimated that the facility will create more than 1,000 new jobs.
- Mattito’s opened a 6,000 square-foot restaurant at 1001 MacArthur Park Drive in the MacArthur Park Shopping Center.
- Connextions, a division of UnitedHealth Group’s Optum health services business, expanded its insurance carrier and exchange business operations into 76,000 square-foot space in Irving at 5150 Regent Boulevard. Connextions is creating upwards of 800 new jobs.
- Flowserve, a leading manufacturer and aftermarket service provider of flow control products and services for the world’s most critical applications, renewed its corporate headquarters location in a 125,000 square-foot facility at 5215 N. O’Connor Boulevard in Irving. The company employs about 360 individuals.
- NationStar Mortgage, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lending services and lenders, relocated its headquarters to Irving, leasing approximately 180,000 square-feet at 4000 Horizon Way. The company will create upwards of 800 jobs.
- OneSource Virtual HR provides its clients a wide range of human resources and financial services to fit each individual organization’s needs. OneSource Virtual HR relocated its corporate office and operations into 53,000 square-feet in Irving at 5601 N. MacArthur Boulevard and will employ more than 550 individuals.
- Regal Plastic Supply Company has been an industry leader and wholesale supplier since the mid-1950s to the glass, manufacturing and sign industries. Regal Plastic purchased the 50,000-square-foot facility at 9200 Royal Lane in Irving. The company will employ more than 70 individuals.
- Fish City Grill opened a 3,000 square-foot restaurant at 7750 N. MacArthur Boulevard in the MacArthur Crossing Shopping Center.
- HD Vest, a leader in the growing market for comprehensive financial services, offering financial planning through its advisors to millions of individuals and small businesses throughout the United States, expanded its corporate operations into 88,500 square-feet in Irving at 6333 N. SH-161. The company is expanding its employment to more than 450 individuals.
- CHC Helicopter, the world’s largest helicopter services company, specializing in transportation to offshore oil and gas platforms and helicopter maintenance repair and overhaul, expanded its global operations into Irving at 6555 N. SH-161, creating upwards of 100 new jobs.
- Berry Family of Nurseries, one of the largest wholesale nurseries in the country, relocated and established its corporate headquarters in Irving. The company is located in approximately 12,000 square-feet at 8700 Freeport Parkway, employing upwards of 65 individuals.
- Michaels Stores relocated its procurement company to 8001 Ridgepoint Drive in Irving, taking approximately 76,000 square-feet and employing more than 270 individuals.
- AMN Healthcare, the nation’s leading innovator of health care workforce solutions, provides the highest-quality physicians, nurses and allied health care professionals to hospitals, clinics, medical centers and health care facility clients across the United States. The company renewed its 93,000 square-foot presence at 5001 Statesman Drive in Irving, employing upwards of 685 individuals.
John M. Bonnot
Director – Business Recruitment
5201 N. O’Connor Blvd.
Irving, Texas 75039
Director – Business Retention / Expansion
135 S. Jefferson St.
Irving, TX 75060