To help prepare students for their education and future, Irving ISD will offer full-day, tuition-based prekindergarten (PreK) classes for Irving ISD residents starting in the 2016-2017 school year.
“Irving ISD has a number of programs designed to help students reach their maximum potential,” says Superintendent of Schools Jose L. Parra, Ed.D. “A full-day prekindergarten program is one more opportunity we have to prepare students for their future. Our full-day PreK classes will give students a strong foundation for reading, writing and problem solving. When students step out of PreK in the spring, they are prepared for the academic and social expectations of school.”
Benefits of Full-Day PreK
- Rigorous curriculum prepares students for kindergarten and their future.
- Certified teachers are focused on the academic, social and emotional needs of 4 year olds.
- Cost of $100 a week for the full-day PreK program is competitive, compared to local private schools and daycare facilities.
- Instruction is all day, like grades K-12.
- Classes will be held at one of the three early childhood schools in Irving ISD, designed for young learners.
- The Amadi Guess Foundation provides an after-school program at no additional cost.
Eligibility for Full-Day PreK
- Child and parent/guardian must be an Irving ISD resident.
- Child must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2016.
Pre-Enrollment Now Available
- Pre-enrollment is now open. Forms are available at www.irvingisd.net/prek.
- Official enrollment begins April 4. At that time, a one-time $35 registration fee is due.
- Space is limited so classes may fill up fast. Enrollment in the full-day, tuition-based PreK will be done on a first come, first served basis.
In addition to the full-day, tuition-based PreK classes offered in 2016-2017, Irving ISD will continue to operate its half-day PreK classes at no cost for students who qualify. For a list of eligibility requirements, visit www.irvingisd.net/prek or call 972-600-5050.
For more information about PreK, call 972-600-5050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presented by Irving ISD