Heading to the 2015 Texas State Fair can be easy with convenient transportation options on the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Orange Line and the Trinity Railway Express (TRE). Passengers on either line, easily accessed at multiple points within the city, can simply transfer to Green Line trains showing “Fair Park,” “Buckner” or “Lawnview” and ride to the front door from Sept. 25 through Oct. 18.
The two Green Line stations for entrance to the fair are Fair Park, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr., located south of R.B. Cullum Boulevard and convenient to the Gate 6 entrance and the Cotton Bowl stadium. Extra Green Line trains will be available approximately every 15 minutes between Victory and Lawnview stations from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays and 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on weekends.
DART Adds Service During Fair
DART is adding special rail service beginning Monday, Sept. 21, that includes:
- All Orange Line trips extend to the Parker Road Station
- Green Line short service will be provided between Lawnview and Victory Stations from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays
- The TRE will operate on all four Sundays during the fair.
- A different schedule will be in place for the football game on Saturday, Oct. 10. Information is available at DART.org/RedRiverShowdown.
Transfers Made Easy
Orange Line passengers from DFW Airport and Irving can transfer to the Green Line at Bachman Station. Southbound Orange (from Parker Road), Red and Blue line passengers can transfer at Pearl/Arts District or St. Paul stations. Northbound Red and Blue line passengers can transfer at Akard Station. TRE passengers can transfer to the Green Line at Victory Station.
Special Game Day Service
DART and the TRE will provide additional service to games at the Cotton Bowl Stadium including:
- Oct. 10: The AT&T Red River Showdown game, played in the Cotton Bowl since 1929, between the Texas Longhorns and the Oklahoma Sooners on Saturday, Oct. 10.
To learn more, click here.