A new school year and a new house is on the books for a record number of North Texans this year, according to the latest sales figures from the MetroTex Association of REALTORS®. For the first time ever, sales volume of single family homes in the area crested past $2.6 billion shattering the record set in July by $500 million.
“There’s certainly a lot of energy in the area right now,” said Steve Habgood, president of MetroTex. “We’re seeing all areas of the market growing – from sales of single family homes and condos to leases and new construction. The market is booming as the population continues to surge.”
“MetroTex REALTORS® report both a high volume and increasing sales prices,” continued Habgood. “With a growing economy, lots of relocation traffic and low interest rates, it’s a great time to be in the market.”
Highlights of the MetroTex report include:
- 155 homes were sold in Irving in August, a 5% increase over last year.
- The average sales price in Irving was $254,575, a 1% increase over last year.
- Average sales price is 98% of list price when listed with a REALTOR®
- Average Days on Market is 39, down from 44 days last year.
- There is approximately 2.6 months inventory in Irving.
MetroTex represents more than 16,000 members involved in all aspects of the real estate industry. MetroTex is the largest REALTOR® member association in North Texas representing the entire region. Established in 1917, MetroTex is an advocate for the real estate industry and private property rights. For more information, visit www.DFWRealEstate.com.