Irving resident Richard Stewart, a retired Verizon executive, has been named to receive the Hon. Sam A. Lindsay Professionalism and Ethics Award which recognizes excellence and good standing in the legal community and is awarded to an attorney who:
- Has achieved recognized excellence in the legal profession by practicing law with an unwavering commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and ethical conduct;
- Fosters respect for members of the local legal community and the important role of the lawyer in society in general;
- Actively supports efforts and initiatives aimed at fostering increased diversity in the legal profession;
- Recognizes that attaining monetary or other professional advancement is secondary to his or her primary responsibility for effectively servicing their clients’ legal interests;
- Displays impeccable integrity by adhering to professional commitments, regardless of their enforceability in a courtroom;
- Shares his or her wealth of experience with the community, as demonstrated through sustained service and meaningful mentoring; and
- Has a well-rounded professional career and personal attributes and characteristics worthy of emulation.
Stewart, who is a retired Navy Judge Advocate, served on the City of Irving’s Planning & Zoning Commission and the Irving Convention and Visitors Bureau.