Presented by City of Irving

FEMA Announces Individual Assistance


Irving residents who have been affected by the spring floods from May 4 until now can apply for federal aid. Dallas County has recently been added to the Disaster Declaration for Individual Assistance provided by the Texas Division of Emergency Management and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

Residents who have flood insurance coverage should file damage claim information with their home or flood insurance provider. Individuals who do not have flood insurance can register and apply for assistance by contacting the emergency call center from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST at (800) 621-3362 or for the hearing impaired, contact (800) 462-7585.

Residents will need the following information to register with FEMA:

  • Contact information: Name, address, phone number and social security number.
  • Insurance information.
  • Damage information: Date of the damage and a description. 
  • Gross income.

What Residents Who File Can Expect
Once a claim is filed, FEMA inspectors will begin making appointments with applicants. Residents can expect:

  • An inspector will set up an appointment to meet with the resident and perform an inspection.
  • Inspectors will ask the applicant to sign an electronic or paper document called the “Declaration and Release” form, or 9069 form.
  • The inspector will take a minimum of two photographs of the interior and exterior of the property with a focus on the claim damages. 
  • The inspector only records observed disaster-related damages and does not determine eligibility or damage awards levels.

For more information, visit

Print Friendly