Presented by City of Irving
City of Irving recreation centers will offer Spring Break Camps for children, grades K–5, March 9–13.
City recreation centers offer camps as a safe, structured option for parents who want children to remain active during school breaks for less than $20 per day. Camps at Irving recreation centers offer arts and crafts, gym games, and field trips. Previous trips have included visits to nearby skating rinks, arcades, libraries and even a planetarium.
Approximately 20 slots are available at each of the six city recreation centers, allowing campers to interact with peers from different schools and areas. Campers are asked to bring a sack lunch each day, but are provided with morning and afternoon snacks. Camp hours are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. Spaces are limited and registration must be made in advance with an IPAR ID card. Cost is $95 per child. Call the preferred neighborhood recreation center for more details. A directory of participating recreation centers is listed below. As a heads up for parents, registration for city summer camps begins 9 a.m. April 25.
- Cimarron Park Recreation Center, 201 Red River Trail – (972) 910-0702
- Mustang Park Recreation Center, 2223 Kinwest Parkway – (972) 556-1334
- Lee Park Recreation Center, 3000 Pamela Drive – (972) 721-2508
- Northwest Park Recreation Center, 2800 Cheyenne St. – (972) 721-2529
- Georgia Farrow Recreation Center, 530 Davis Drive – (972) 721-2519
- Senter Park Recreation Center, 901 S. Senter Road – (972) 721-2641