Citi is the world leading bank with 250,000 employees and manages over 200+ million customer accounts while operating in over 190 countries with 16,000+ offices worldwide. The Senior Major Incident Manager is responsible for leading, facilitating, and owning the response and the rapid resolution of incidents, where financial, reputational, or legal/regulatory impact to Citi is at risk. This role is responsible for understanding Citi’s lines of business including customer segment, franchise critical services, and developing a solid understanding of the applications and infrastructure supporting those business units.
The Senior Major Incident Manager role is expected to use business/technology knowledge to rapidly execute the Incident Management process for all Major incidents in order to mitigate impact and reduce the Mean Time to Restore Service (MTRS). This includes:
- Establishing the capabilities to resolve the incident and restore service as rapidly as possible and driving all activities related to resolving the issue.
- Ensuring that the appropriate communications are sent to senior management and other stake holders, keeping them advised of the incident resolution progress and of the client impact.
- Making decisions required to reduce client impact.
There are nine (9) activities the Senior Major Incident Manager is directly involved with:
- Identification – detect or reported the incident
- Registration – the incident is registered in a IcM System
- Categorization – the incident is categorized by severity
- Prioritization – the incident is prioritized for better utilization of the resources
- Diagnosis – reveal the full range of symptoms of the incident
- Escalation – as the Support teams need additional support from leadership
- Investigation – if no existing solution from the past is located, resolution is developed and implemented and the root cause analysis is conducted
- Resolution and recovery – once the solution is developed, the incident is resolved
- Incident closure – the registry entry of the incident in ServiceNow and then resolution is documented, and incident is closed by providing the end-status of the incident.
The Senior Incident Manager is responsible for developing the Incident Management function, processes and procedures to ensure end-to-end service quality and “Best in Class” customer service.
- Work across one or more shifts in a 24x7x365 operational team
- Drive all incidents globally until resolved using “Command & Control” methodology
- Manage support teams to address and resolve outages
- Manage escalation notification and rapid communications to all senior executives and stakeholders across the company.
- Collaborate with local, regional, and global incident management (IcM) teams to share knowledge of people, process, and technology.
- Ensure all Incidents are accurately documented within ServiceNow records.
- Continuous process improvement while increasing service quality.
- proactively identify opportunities for improving Incident Management process “Faster, Better, Cheaper”
- Establish, foster, and grow relationships with global business and technology organizations
- Increase technology, business unit, and organizational knowledge year over year.
- Build close relationships with Service Assurance teams such as Problem Management
- 10 + years running incidents / situations / crisis events in a large, complex enterprise environment
- 10-15 + years technical experience – preferably in leadership or a Subject Matter Expert (SME) contributor role in an application support or infrastructure organization
- 10-15 + years working in a process-driven environment
- 10-15 + years of interacting with a demanding customer focused service delivery organization
- 10-15 + years of experience with IT process related industry best practice service delivery framework and IT service management standards such as (such as ISO 20000-1:2005)
- Solid understanding of ITIL methodology and demonstrated proficient in the ITIL v3 framework
- Strong “Command & Control” presence
- Industry recognized trouble shooting methodology to be able to ask the right questions
- 10-15+ years of experience working in an IT Operations Command Center or Network Operations Center (NOC) for large enterprises
- University undergraduate BS/BA degree required / Graduate level Master’s degree preferred
- ITIL v3 Certification(s)
- CISCO certifications a plus
- CISSP certification a plus
- Multi-lingual in English, Spanish, Portuguese a significant plus
- Military Service a significant plus
Resumes should be forwarded to: