Presented by: Irving ISD
Superintendent Jose L. Parra, Ed.D. announces a new organizational structure that includes restructuring at the district’s top positions and central office departments. “My intent is to create a leaner, more efficient and effective organizational structure for the 2014-2015 school year,” Parra says.
The new organization includes the following changes:
- Reduction of two assistant superintendent positions
- Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
- Assistant Superintendent of Federal Programs and Student Services (Sandra De La Cruz will complete her interim role on September 30.)
- Realignment of reporting structure for two assistant superintendent positions
- Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources Magda Hernandez now reports directly to the superintendent.
- Assistant Superintendent of School Support Services Scott Layne now reports directly to the superintendent.
- Directors and Division Directors in Academic Services now report directly to Associate Superintendent Adam Grinage, Ed.D.
- Newly-structured positions in academic services
- Division Director of State and Federal Programs (newly-posted position)
- Director of Language and Parent Services (restructured position filled by Linda Torres-Rangel)
- Realignment of health services to the school support division
As Dr. Parra said in June with the announcement of the Academic Services reorganization, “Our administrative mission is to focus all our energies and resources in guiding and supporting our campuses in their efforts to improve student performance. This restructuring is designed to better serve campus administrators, teachers and students by positioning District leadership in such a way that they can have direct, regular, quality interactions with our school leaders.”
To view the district-level organizational chart for 2014-2015, click here.