Canal Fest returns to the Las Colinas Urban District, 200 E. Las Colinas Blvd., from 2 to 8 p.m. Oct. 25. Set along the picturesque Mandalay Canal, this family-friendly festival offers something for everyone.
With the backdrop of the beautiful and unique Mandalay Canal, Canal Fest 2014 will feature local art exhibits, cultural dancers, family-friendly activities and attractions, live music, international cuisine and more. Several stages and zones will run concurrently to satiate attendees’ appetite for entertainment.
- Jam to the sounds of Emerald City Band (2:30 p.m.), All Funk Radio Show (4:30 p.m.) and Professor D (6:30 p.m.) performing on the TXA21 Main Stage.
- Families can immerse themselves in different cultures from around the world as native dances are performed on the Baylor Irving Cultural Stage.
- Take a step inside to experience a unique art exhibit featuring works from local area artists and photographers. Some artists will be on-site to discuss the history of the pieces.
- Free face painting for kids, henna tattoos for adults, caricatures and sounds of acoustic musicians will be available along the canal.
- Visit the marketplace for an opportunity to purchase handmade, custom and unique jewelry, clothing and more.
- Want to be on the water? Experience Gondola rides, pedal boats and stand up paddleboards for a fee.
“Canal Fest was a huge success last year, and we are excited to build upon that and provide an enhanced experience for attendees,” City of Irving Special Events Coordinator Jasmine Lee said. “We will be incorporating more of the canal into the event, with free activities for all ages. Canal Fest is a celebration of the arts that everyone can enjoy, with music, dance and visual arts that showcase the diversity and uniqueness of Irving.”
Serving as the 2014 Canal Fest presenting sponsors are TXA21 and CBS11. For a list of other participating sponsors, media partners, transportation information and other event details, visit irvingevents.org.