Presented by: City of Irving
The City of Irving presents its first outdoor comedy show and concert, Laughs by the Lake, from 7 to 10 p.m. July 18 in the Las Colinas Urban Center, 501 E. Las Colinas Blvd.
Texas comedians take the stage for an evening of comedy under the stars. Headliner Aaron Aryanpur, who was voted 2012 Funniest Comic in Texas, is joined by three fellow comedians in a show that is open to all with family-appropriate language, but designed for the adult crowd.
Following the comedy show attendees will enjoy a live music performance from Memphis Soul Band ― veterans of the Jazz and Motown scene.
- Michelle Thomas (opener) | Thomas has set herself apart from the rest with her instant likeability and sarcastic charm.
- Keith Manning (feature) | Manning is a brilliant combination of Southern charm and witty edge.
- Aaron Aryanpur (headliner) | Comedy Central has called Aryanpur “likable, well-written and fresh.” Winner of the 2012 “Funniest Comic in Texas,” Aryanpur has appeared in comedy clubs, festivals, arenas, bars, boardrooms and living rooms across the country.
- Comedian Q (host) | Quenton “Q” Coleman flawlessly combines hilarity and charisma to create a magnetic force in each show.
- Memphis Soul Band (post-show entertainment) | Memphis Soul features a solid rhythm section, an aggressive horn section, and vibrant male and female lead singers.
Lake Carolyn will be the backdrop for the evening so make sure to bring a blanket or lawn chair. For those who work up an appetite from laughing, several food vendors and a beer garden will offer food and refreshments for purchase.
Admission is free, and parking is available at area garages. For more information, visit irvingevents.org.