Committed to keeping the community informed on capital improvement projects, residents can receive email updates on road construction projects affecting traffic by subscribing to the city’s listserv. Subscribe now for free email updates.
City of Irving Projects
- O’Connor Boulevard – State Highway 114 to Riverside Drive:
* March 31: O’Connor Boulevard will be closed from Las Colinas Boulevard to Brune Way for approximately nine months. There will be access to the Williams Square parking garages, both east and west, via Brune Way. View the maps for detours and traffic flow.
- O’Connor Road – S.H. 183 to Rochelle Road:
* Status: Paving work continues. Expect intermittent traffic delays.
- Chemsearch Boulevard: (map) Southbound lanes will be closed, effective Feb. 17, to all traffic between Northgate Drive to S.H. 183 to replace a water line.
* Status: The southbound lanes are expected to be closed for four months. One northbound lane will be converted to southbound, providing one lane in each direction for drivers.
- East Pioneer Drive – Delaware Street to Britain Road: (map)
* Status: All lanes will be closed to traffic between Britain Road and Lively Street. Traffic will be detoured to Britain Road and Lively Street. Expect various lane closures of East Pioneer Drive between Delaware Street and Lively Street through April 2014.
- Grauwyler Road/Phase II – From southbound frontage road of Loop 12 to Irving Heights (map)
* Status: The single westbound lane has been shifted to the eastbound side of street through April, until wastewater mains are completely installed.
- Grauwyler Road – From Story Road to Irving Boulevard Frontage Road (map)
* April 1: Grauwyler Road, from Story Road to the Irving Boulevard Frontage Road, will be closed for approximately six weeks for activities related to wastewater main, manhole and pavement replacement. Traffic will be detoured to Irving Boulevard.
- Hackberry Road: Closed, effective Feb. 10, to all traffic between Belt Line Road and Ranch Trail.
* Status: Westbound traffic will be detoured to use Ranch Trail, the westbound frontage road of I.H. 635, and Belt Line Road. Eastbound traffic will be detoured to use the eastbound frontage road of I.H. 635, Olympus Blvd., and Ranch Trail.
- MacArthur Boulevard
- State Highway 183 to Grauwyler Road: Reduced to one lane in each direction.
- at State Highway 114: Turning lanes to SH 114 are inaccessible from MacArthur.
* Status: Northbound traffic on MacArthur will be detoured to Royal Lane. Southbound traffic will be detoured to Walnut Hill Road. The turning lanes in each direction will be closed at different times.
- Schulze Drive and Sowers Road – From 2nd Street to Larry Drive: (map)
* Status: Beginning March 31, Schulze Drive and Sowers Road between Larry Drive and 2nd Street will be closed Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., through the end of the school year.