Turnout for constitutional amendment elections is notoriously low, so every vote counts! Please get out and make your voice heard in this important election.
Remember, this is the first election in which Texas voters will be required to show one of the following forms of photo identification at the polling location before the voter will be permitted to cast a vote:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
Early voting continues until Friday, November 1.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 5.
Click here for a list of early voting locations.
Click here to view a sample ballot.
Vote FOR Proposition 3
The Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce urges all Chamber members and their employees to vote FOR Prop 3.
The Chamber Board of Directors unanimously passed a Resolution of Support for Prop 3.
The passage of Proposition 3 would allow aerospace and aircraft companies, with local government approval, to warehouse parts in the state for up to two years without incurring a property tax penalty.
Why Vote FOR Prop 3?
Prop 3 Creates Jobs For Texans
- Texas is ranked in the TOP 3 nationally in aerospace and aircraft manufacturing with more than 240 companies and 200,000 jobs across the state.
- Texas is one of only 11 states that tax inventory, so it costs these companies more money to do business in Texas and puts Texas at a competitive disadvantage with other states.
- Prop 3 lowers those costs, allowing manufacturers to create and keep jobs in Texas!
Prop 3 Grows Our Economy
- The Texas aerospace industry adds nearly $49 billion to our economy.
- The current property tax on businesses hurts our economy and forces businesses to ship parts in from out-of-state warehouses – driving up costs for manufacturers and consumers!
Prop 3 Removes a Barrier to Growth
- Prop 3 allows local governments to permit Texas companies to warehouse inventory in Texas without penalty for up to two years.
- Prop 3 removes a tax burden that is out of step with the rest of the country and is a barrier to economic growth and expansion.
To learn more about Prop 3 and how you can help our campaign TODAY, visit our web site at www.supportprop3texas.com.
Click here and follow Prop 3 Texas on Twitter.
Get out and vote early and vote FOR Prop 3!