Cool October consists of a series of public and private fundraising events held throughout the month that collectively raise more than $100,000 for the cause each year. This year’s fundraising events include:
- October 1–22: Cool On-line Auction – In partnership with the Irving Healthcare Foundation, the auction is filled with great items, trips, sports memorabilia, dining and services.
- October 4-5: Cool Tennis Marathon – Director of Sports, Robin Scott, and tennis pros at the Resort play tennis non-stop with members and guests who sponsor them throughout the marathon days.
- October 4-5: Cool Golf Marathon – Director of Golf, Paul Earnest aims to play 108 holes+ over both days raising money through pledges and donations.
- October 5: Cool October Fest and Cool Spin-a-Thon – Fun collides with fundraising in an extreme way with a family-friendly giant festival with free activities, restaurant vendors, face painting, bounce houses, rock climbing wall, giveaways, live music and more. Also, join Sports Club members and guests for six hours of non-stop spinbike exercise led by Group Exercise Director Michelle Scannell at the Spin-a-Thon tent. Both run from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. in the north parking lot at the Resort.
- October 22: Cool 18 Golf Tournament – A competitive golf event open to sponsors of Cool October played on the TPC Four Seasons. .
Proceeds from Cool October 2013 will fully fund two pieces of equipment at the Cancer Center a Biovision Surgical Specimen Radiography System, which provides real-time, operating tableside analysis of surgical specimens to ensure that all cancerous tissue has been removed during surgery. In addition, the funds will support a comfort package for patients having a sterotactic breast procedure using a needle-biopsy machine. This device provides great comfort and faster procedures through more exact positioning.
For more information about Four Seasons Cool October, visit the website at www.CoolOctober.com.