In light of the tragedy in Connecticut, our employees have been reminded to be diligent in implementing our security protocols with visitors coming to school.
· Every campus personnel is expected to actively engage all visitors.
· No one should enter any school (including staff) before checking in and scanning their ID in the front office (or providing a valid staff ID).
· All of the classroom doors are to be locked and are only to be opened by the teacher after determining who the visitor is and why they are there.
· Police and district security officers monitor every campus in Irving ISD during the school day.
· All employees are encouraged to alert authorities if they see anything suspicious on their campus.