The May 6 general meeting of the Irving Heritage Society was conducted by President Mary Moorman from the porch of a 100 year old house. Built in 1912 for the C.P. Schulze family, the house was designated as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1986. The Heritage House, as we now know this home, was the location for the recent election of officers, installation conducted by Patty Landers Caperton, and an ice cream social including several homemade flavors in the front yard under the large shade trees.
Chris Wallace, President and CEO of the Greater Irving Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce, was elected as the Irving Heritage Society 2012-2013 President. Chris, along with Mary Oberlin, has served as co-chair of the Heritage House 100th Anniversary celebration for the past several months.
Other newly elected board members include:
· President Elect – Janice Carroll
· First Vice-President (Membership) – Lorraine Taylor
· Second Vice President (Programs) – Patty Landers Caperton
· Third Vice President (Projects) – Kaye Ward
· Recording Secretary – Pam Engman
· Corresponding Secretary – Connie Gifford Herrington
· Treasurer – Diane Mannon
· Historian – Kevin Kendro
· Parliamentarian – Mary Moorman
· Directors: Sigrid Canto, Doug Fox, Jo Ann Goin, Joy Goodrum, Stacey Martin, and Elizabeth Philipp
The group will continue the yearlong celebration of the Heritage House 100th Anniversary as well as other special fall programs. During the summer, the focus is on the tours of the Heritage House on the first Sunday of each month from 3pm-5pm. Group tours may be arranged for alternate times.
For more information, visit www.irvingheritage.com or call 972-252-3838.