More than 50 percent of children ages 5-9 have at least one cavity or filling according to Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General. To help reduce cavities and dental illnesses amongst children in our local community, Children’s Dental Centre of Irving will donate more than 3,000 toothbrushes to kids in celebration of National Children’s Dental Health Month in February.
Dr. Reena Kuba, DDS, MS, the Centre’s pediatric dentist, is committed to working with the community and parents to create a positive, educational atmosphere to get children on the right path to a lifetime of optimal oral health. The majority of toothbrushes being donated will go to students attending early childhood schools in the Irving Independent School District.
“Cavities can be painful and expensive and are preventable. Starting dental visits early helps get children on the right path to healthy teeth and a beautiful, confident smile,” said Dr. Kuba.
Along with toothbrushes, the staff of Children’s Dental Centre of Irving will provide free student presentations and parent classes on dental health to schools and organizations.
Scheduled Dental Health Student Presentations
· February 1, 9:00am: Farine Elementary School, 615 Metker, Irving, TX 75062
· February 2, 7:00pm: West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle Rd., Irving, TX 75062
· February 3, 11:00am: West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle Rd., Irving, TX 75062
· February 3, 1:00pm: Stipes Elementary School, 3100 Cross Timbers Drive, Irving, TX 75060
· February 7, 8:15am: Clifton Early Childhood School, 3950 Pleasant Run, Irving, TX 75038
· February 10, 10:00am: Lee Elementary School, 1600 Carlisle, Irving, TX 75062
· February 10, 2:00pm: Freeman Elementary School, 8757 W. Valley Ranch Pkwy, Irving, TX
· February 16, 9:00am: Kinkeade Early Childhood School, 2333 Cameron Place, Irving, TX 75060
· February 17, 9:30am: Hanes Elementary School, 2730 Cheyenne, Irving, Texas 75062
· February 21, 9:30am: MacArthur Blvd. Baptist Church, 8001 Mustang Drive, Irving TX 75063
· February 21, 11:00am: East Irving Library, 440 S. Nursery Blvd., Suite 103, Irving, TX 75060
Scheduled Dental Health Parent Classes
· February 9, 1:00pm: Lively Elementary School, 1800 Plymouth, Irving, TX 75061
· February 21, 8:00am: Schulze Elementary School, 1200 S. Irving Heights, Irving, TX 75060
· February 23, 8:00am: Brandenburg Elementary School, 2800 Hillcrest, Irving, TX 75062
· February 24: 9:00am: Pierce Early Childhood School, 901 Britain, Irving, TX 75061