Research In Motion Limited
(RIM), a world leader in the mobile communications market, released their third quarter results. Revenue for the third quarter of fiscal 2012 was $5.2 billion, up 24% from $4.2 billion in the previous quarter and down 6% from $5.5 billion in the same quarter of last year.
The revenue breakdown for the quarter was approximately 79% for hardware, 19% for service and 2% for software and other revenue. During the quarter, RIM shipped approximately 14.1 million BlackBerry smart phones and approximately 150,000 BlackBerry PlayBook tablets.
* Revenue of $5.2 billion, up 24% from last quarter
* BlackBerry smartphone shipments of 14.1 million, up 33% from Q2
* GAAP net income of $265 million or $0.51 per share diluted; adjusted net income of $667
million or $1.27 per share diluted
* Subscribers up 35% year-over-year to almost 75 million
* Cash flow from operations of approximately $895 million
* Total of cash, cash equivalents, short-term and long-term investments of $1.5 billion