Members of the Irving Heritage Society were on hand for the recent dedication of the historical marker at the MacArthur Pump Station. Built in 1957, this facility was originally known as the Carpenter Road Pump Station, and it was the first off-site addition to the original water system. The facility, later renamed along with the street, expanded as the city grew. In 2011 an upgrade to this facility was completed.

MacArthur Pump Dedication.jpg

Left to right: City Councilwoman Rose Cannaday, Carol Susat, State Representative Linda Harper Brown, Velma Edwin, Irving Heritage Society President Mary Moorman, James Dickens, Cindy Santoscoy, Eleanor Bell, and Jan Hart.

Print Friendly